Skip to main content

Health Services

We Are Here to help

Below is a list of local resources for parents who need help with utilities, food, finding a carseat, etc.  If you have questions, you may contact me at 806-323-9331 or email me at I am here to help! For health services and immunization information click the links at the sidebar. 

Lone Star Angel Project (local)—We help with grocery needs for families with children (18 and under) , clothing for children and children’s medical needs.  Other need requests are also considered.  Decisions by the board are made based on case by case situation and funds available.  All of our donations are used to help Hemphill County children.  The board members are:  Molly Kerrigan 806-217-0667 cell, Valerie Verbi, Teresa Cervantes, Mary Jo Leonard, Dawn Abraham, Ana Hernandez, Becky Reid and Rosemary Koetting. 

First Christian Food Bank (local)--- Hours are: Tuesday and Friday 10-2.  Pick up a box of food (Limit one box a month, but may be more during this time.).  Call the First Christian Church office for more information 806-323-6604.

Masonic Children and Family Services of Texas (state)---They will help with rent, utilities, bills for qualifying families.  Click the link to access the application then when finished with application, email it to the contact on the application.  If you need help, contact me. 

Masonic Children and Family Services Application Click Here  

Hemphill County Extension (local): Monthly food boxes available.  Fill out an application at their office at Exhibition Road or call 323-9114 for more information. 

Snak Pak for Kids (CES and BES students):  Snak paks are for students who don’t have enough food at their home to get them through the weekend. If you would like to add your child to the snak pak list, please contact Nurse Molly at the number or email below.

Snack Shak Sign Up Form Click Here (CMS and CHS students):  Snack Shak is also for students who don’t have enough food for the weekend at their home.  This program is for junior high and high school students. 


       1. Xcel Energy  call to set up payments or ask for assistance.  Please call 1-806-895-4999.

       2. North Plains Electric will work with customers on a case by case basis.  Please call 1-800-272-5482.

  1. West Texas Gas might also offer assistance on case by case basis.  Please call 806-323-6464.

       4. Local Churches have funds set aside for utility assistance. You may call any of the numbers listed online or in the phone book.

       5. Panhandle Community Services covers Hemphill, Lipscomb and Roberts Counties.  Located at 411 N. Cuyler Street in Pampa, TX.  Call 806-665-0081 for more information on services.

  1. DSHS-Pampa, TX-offers free car seats and will help fit your child. They will also help you with installation. Call 806-802-7002.‚Äč


*Notice to Public:  I am employed full-time by CISD as the district nurse, and I am at all 4 campuses throughout the day.  We do not have a full-time nurse for each campus.  

Maintaining student health and safety is a top priority at CISD. We provide professional health services to the students that become ill or injured while at school and also perform yearly vision, hearing and scoliosis screenings.  We know that healthy students learn better and have a greater chance of reaching their potential in the classroom.  Keep in mind that even though we offer these services, they are no substitute for regular health care provided by physicians, dentists, optometrists or other health care providers. 

Molly Kerrigan RN, BSN
Canadian ISD District Nurse